Our Client is a well-funded Belgian AI MedTech start up with the goal to “Revolutionize Precision Medicine”, by applying advanced artificial intelligence to clinical imaging. They focus on tailoring cancer care to the clinical, imaging, biological and genetic characteristics of an individual patient so that the best outcome can be achieved. Our Client holds several (inter)national grants and patents. The company is innovative and ambitious, continuously developing and connecting with leading industrial and academic players to advance healthcare and the life sciences.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of the business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced, including auditors.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Maintain banking relationships
- The candidate will report and participate to board meetings of the company.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate the internal IT support system related to the sales, reporting and financement management.
The candidate chief financial officer should have a master’s degree in finance or business administration. He should have a minimum of 10 years of business experience, ideally in health related business with an international scope and in an entrepreneurial setting. The candidate should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. The candidate should be fluent in English and French. Ideal candidate will have some experience in fund raising and IPO as well as in Belgium tax regimen and regulations.