Purpose for thePosition:
The Clinical Specialist (CS) will be responsible for the effective support of clinical procedures using an innovative product used to treat symptomatic uterine fibroids. The Clinical Specialist will represent the product as a technical and clinical resource for a clinical trial and future commercialization efforts of the product.
|Position Essential Duties/Functions and Responsibilities/Expected Results:|
- Technical monitoring of cases including observation of ultrasound imaging and providing clear and straightforward verbal technical support during cases
- Training of physicians and OR/surgicenters/office staff in the safe and effective operation of the device
- In-service training of pertinent staff, including technicians and central sterile processing
- Be able to travel extensively and on short notice to supervise clinical cases, nationwide and abroad. (up to 80% travel during peak periods)
- Ensure safe and effective operation of the device in clinical cases
- Enforce proper product application with respect to intended use, warnings, and contraindications
- Manage logistics at sites including inventory management, device sterilization, equipment service, and movement of material, consultation with administrators, testing with biomedical engineering or other treatment facility interactions
- Maintain strong working relationships with investigators and site staff
- Learn, master, and effectively improve the training program and techniques of use for the system
- Provide timely feedback to management including user complaints / feedback, any technical or other concerns as required by the quality system
- Assist in clinical trial activities as necessary
- Become an internal and external product champion for the product line, which includes becoming the expert on the product’s technical specifications, the clinical applications, demonstration and use of the product
- Exhibit professionalism through appearance and conduct, consistently demonstrating a positive attitude and ethical behavior.
- Follow through on tasks assigned with limited supervision. Provide timely feedback on all activities.
- Accept instruction and guidance from the Medical Director, Director of Clinical Marketing and other staff
- Anticipate evolving conditions and needs, develop and implement strategies and tactics to meet challenges and business objectives
- Accept additional projects as assigned by the Director of Clinical Marketing, Medical Director or other staff
Education / Formal Training
- Accreditation as an ultrasound technologistor certification as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Competencies (skills, knowledge, abilities):
- Previous experience as a clinical specialist in interventional procedures required
- Clinical experience with sonography required. Ability to interpret other forms of complex imaging modalities could be advantageous.
- Strongability for 3 dimensional spatial orientation of a handheld device as translated on imaging
- Familiarity with radiofrequency ablation and/or other fibroid treatment options is preferred
- Must demonstrate ability to master the operation of electromechanical medical device, capital equipment, and control software
- Experience in ob/gyn, women’s healthpreferred
- Experience in conducting clinical trials are a plus
- Must be able to travel, work flexibly, and live within reasonable distance of a major airport
- Good communication, problem solving, and interpersonal relationship skills. Comfortable with international travel and working with staff that may not speak strong English.
- Ability to excel within a small company environment where flexibility and resourcefulness are required.
- Skills with office-based software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)